Thank you for choosing Fifth Avenue Paving for your paving project. Please be advised, that all asphalt takes, one full year to harden and cure completely. In order to ensure optimum; longevity, please follow these maintenance suggestions:
- During the first year of your new driveway, do not drive on it or park anything on it if the temperature exceeds 88°.
- Park your cars in the street or at another location for at least five days after your new asphalt driveway has been poured. The paving material needs time to set without any additional weight on it.
- Please avoid any stationary wheel movements with your vehicle because this can leave indentations in the asphalt.
- If tire marks do appear they will ware away over time.
- Avoid using sharp, pointy objects on your asphalt driveway. This includes kickstands from bikes, lawn chairs, and high heeled shoes. Objects of this shape can poke holes in the asphalt, especially on hot summer days.
- Sealing a driveway is simply an aesthetic application. It should not need sealing for at least two years. However, once you have sealed your driveway, it is best to follow through each year for optimum appeal.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
690 Montauk Highway
Bayport, NY 11705